Parking Tips for Using Valet Parking Services
Have you ever wondered how to make your Valet Parking experience go smoothly? Here are some tips that’ll surely protect you and help the Valet Parking Attendants!
Tips by: Brett & Kate McKay • March 19, 2013
- Tidy up your car.
- Have some cash on hand.
- Pay attention when dropping off your car. Be alert for valets directing traffic and follow their lead.
- Tuck away all your valuables.
- Grab what you need for the night.
- Leave the car running. Don’t take your keys out of the ignition. Just park the car and leave it running.
- Wait until the valet opens the door for you (or not). If the valet service is being offered at a high-end hotel or restaurant, expect to have the valet come open the door for you. If it’s a less formal event, like an art festival, you might not get that sort of service, so just get out of the car as soon as you pull up.
- Inform the valet of your vehicle’s quirks, if it’s relevant.
- Get your ticket.
- Consider tipping the valet who takes your car from you.
- Call Ahead and Give the Valet Service a Headsup!
- Give your ticket to the head valet and pay.
- Lost Ticket? Inform the managing valet that you’ve lost your claim ticket.
- Check your vehicle for damage/stolen items.
- First, offer a tip even if the valet service is complimentary.
- Read the rest of the article linked above to see how much to tip and who to tip!